We like to be as competitive as we can on all products, both on items in stock and special ordered items. Unfortunaly being a small team we dont have an army of people to sit online price checking and matching every single item we carry, so if you have seen the same product advertised for lower price and would prefer to keep your money in small local businesses please forward us the link or pick up the phone and we will get back to you with our best price and hopefully help you shop where you want to.
The advantage is in the rim: no holes and therefore no rim tape, to the benefit of both stiffness and weight. The Racing 3 continues to represent the most reliable “travelling companion” for training rides and the “ideal partner” for any type of race.
F.I.C. Fulcrum Identification Card
Fulcrum supplies each wheel with its own Identity Card (ID) which uniquely identifies the wheel and certifies that it has been manually assembled and has passed all tests required by the strict quality protocol. The F.I.C. ensures that you have bought a genuine Fulcrum product.
The Racing 3 wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Fulcrum® technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Fulcrum® wheels.
- Allows the external profile of the rim be free of holes.
- The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
ANTI ROTATION SYSTEM
- Fulcrum design for a solid and unmoveable spoke and hub housing. Spokes will never lose their initial tension and will stay perfectly centred.
- This machining makes it possible to reduce the peripheral weight of the rim and makes the wheel extremely reactive.
DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT
- 26mm at the front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at the back to transfer all the power to the wheel
OVERSIZED HUB BODY IN ALUMINIUM
- Provides a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces the weight to a minimum
DOUBLE-BUTTED STEEL SPOKES WITH AERO PROFILE
- Enable maximum aerodynamic penetration
TOP QUALITY STEEL BALLS WITH CUP-AND-CONE BEARINGS
- Reduces friction and provides top performance. The cup-and-cone system makes it easy to adjust the bearings
- Reduces the overall weight of the wheel.
- 9% more torsional stiffness. Greater reactivity to each change in pedalling tempo and more efficient power transmission to the wheel.
2:1 SPOKE RATIO
- The number of spokes on the rear drive side is double that of the opposite side. Greater stability of the wheel thanks to the perfect balance between the spoke tensions – greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
- Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure
- Year: 2014
- Wheelset: 1550 grams
- Front Wheel: 665 grams
- Rear Wheel: 885 grams
- Spoke count
- Front 16
- Rear 21
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed version
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed version