What is it?
The Ultimate Oil Based Lube SILCA's new oil-based lubricant based on technology originally developed in F1 racing, to reduce friction and nearly eliminate wear in all metal components.
Who's it for?
This lube is for the demanding cyclist who wants to experience the lower friction, increased lifespan, and silence of the most advanced lubrication technologies without the extra work involved with deep cleaning, drying, and waxing their chain.
Electron microscopy of this phenomena was first reported by Paula Ussa Aldana at the University of Lyon in France a few years back. She was able to section the test samples to expose the tribofilm, showing exactly how the WS2 nano platelets are being held in the tribofilm of ZDDP.
Tribofilm formed in the wear groove of a test pin.
In SILCA testing, the use of a significantly more advanced base oil than used in the University of Lyon testing has shown further improvements in both wear and friction, while careful balancing of the formulation has allowed us to mass produce the resulting oil at an attainable price despite the exotic cost of some of the ingredients.
SILCA Synergetic oil has tested internally to be the fastest and quietest oil-based lubricant ever tested, losing only 4.9 watts on 250 input (98.1% efficiency), however, it really begins to shine when focusing on longevity and durability of the chain and mating components. Best of all, because the lubricant forms a durable tribofilm at the metal surface, and is strongly attracted to itself, the lube proves to be exceptionally waterproof, remaining inside the chain even in testing under full water submersion, the lubricant is not displaced!
- 2oz Squeeze bottle with 18ga. Luer Lock Precision Applicator Tip
- 12,000+ miles of lubricant per bottle
- Ultra-high wearing, ultra-quiet, ultra waterproof wet lube
- For best results apply to clean/dry chain. For good results may apply to new factory lubed chain and will fully displace the factory lube within 4-5 applications
- MSRP: $25 / 2oz bottle
- Made in USA
- Synergetic will work best on a perfectly clean/dry chain, but this is not absolutely necessary. It will eventually displace factory grease on all common chain brands if dripped over top on a new chain.
- Chain should be free of dirt and contaminants before applying Synergetic
- Initial Application on clean/dry chain:
- Apply 1 drop of Synergetic to each set of gaps on each roller (2 drops per roller)
- Cycle chain backwards 10-12 revolutions to allow lubricant to fully penetrate
- Wipe Outside of chain and chainrings as dry as possible using MicroFiber cloth
- Re-apply 1 drop per roller every 600-800 miles or after every wet/rainy ride
- Application on chain with factory lube:
- Apply 1 drop per roller
- Cycle chain backwards 10-12 revolutions white rubbing lubricant into chain between fingers
- Wipe outside of chain and rings as dry as possible with MicroFiber cloth
- Re-apply and wipe after each ride for 4-5 rides to allow Synergetic to replace factory lube