Given the great success of our GRAPHENlube, we have learned that a portion of riders simply prefer hot waxing their chains to maintain the “clean look” of their drivetrain. However, regular paraffin waxing has plenty of drawbacks and this is why we have created the GRAPHENwax.
It is a super pliable, non-crumble, quiet, clean and extremely easy to break-in formula. It exhibits excellent durability whilst maintaining impressively low friction for a prolonged period of time, in both, wet and dry conditions. Besides, it is by far the easiest wax to break-in after the chain cools down – simply hold your chain in one hand and then run it between the two fingers of your free hand (as seen in our video) and job done. No more solid paraffin sticks or backpedalling issues. Our wax does not crumble, chip or leave any marks thanks to our proprietary formula. It is everything you ever wished for in a hot melt wax.
The GRAPHENwax and our World Tour winning GRAPHENlube go very well together. If you plan longer rides you can "top it up" with GRAPHENlube. The chain will not require re-cleaning.
ADVANTAGES OF GRAPHENwax - Hot Melt Wax Lubricant:
- Very Quiet
- Easy to use, does not require each chain link to be manipulated to get the flexibility back, just run your fingers along the chain once
- Doesn't flake off
- Long Lasting thanks to the wax flexibility and Graphene additive
- Sticks to the side of link plates enhancing shifting performance
- Low friction benefits last for a very long time
- Melts fast in the crockpot - saving you time
- Doesn't melt off your chain on a hot day
- Clean Look
Size: 340g / 12 oz . +/- 4%. Each box contains 4 "squares"
Colour: Wax is black, but on the chain looks transparent. Doesn't leave marks.
Composition: Hydrocarbon waxes containing special mix of high purity Graphene. It does not contain any harmful solvents
HOW LONG THE BOX OF GRAPHEN WAX LASTS:
Each chain treatment uses only 3-4g (0.14oz) of wax if you let it drip back into the crockpot while it dries. We actually weighed it. If you clean your chain with boiling water, let it dry and then wax, you could get around 62 treatments and still have 100g (3.5oz) left in the pot to guarantee full immersion of the chain. It's only a matter of how much you contaminate the wax or how good you clean the chain with boiling water prior to every waxing. Wax will still last the same number of applications regardless of cleaning, but if you contaminate the wax too much, it will no longer be as effective.
HOW TO LUBRICATE YOUR CHAIN WITH FLEXIBLE GRAPHENWAX ®
FIRST CHAIN PREPARATION: Take the chain off the bike or use brand new chain and clean it using a solvent (like White Spirit or mineral turps) by immersing the chain completely in the solvent for 20-60min using the poly bag that was delivered with the wax (Use gloves). Shake the bag with chain for 2min at the end. Take chain out and let it fully dry (2-12h). Optionally you can rinse the chain at this point with 98% alcohol to remove any remaining residue. Once the chain is dry you can apply the lube normally like instructed below. Solvent cleaning is only needed for the first time to remove the oils.
1. After that , If the chain is dirty, you can clean it by simply pouring hot water on the chain and let it dry Cleaning the chain this way doesn't contaminate the wax in crockpot, making it useful for longer.
2. Melt the GRAPHENwax ® in the crockpot (slow cooker) in usual manner on medium heat. Melt it completely. Our wax melts at around 70°C (160°F) but you should heat it to around 90-100°C (194-212°F)
3. Immerse the chain into the molten wax and wait until the wax buildup on the chain melts again. Best way to do this is to use wire metal clothes hanger by threading both ends of chain on the hanger.
4. Agitate the chain gently (up, down, left right) in the liquid wax (using the coat hanger) for about 3-5min to make sure that the wax goes into the pins.
5. Take the chain out, hang it, then gently wipe the excess of the wax from the chain side plates and let it cool for about 15min.
5. After cooling, simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand (as per our video) and job done
Please remember that melted wax is very hot, so you should always wear appropriate protective clothing, leather gloves and safety glasses. Never leave working crockpot unattended. After use, turn the crockpot off and make sure the still hot melted wax is not reachable by children or other unauthorized people. Use only crockpot (slow cooker) to melt the wax. Never use oven, microwave or stove. Never exceed the temperature of 100°C (212°F). Never expose to open flame. Keep away from children. Use in well-ventilated space.
Designed in UK. Manufactured in Poland (EU).
GRAPHENwax ® is a registered trademark of absoluteBLACK. Lubricant composition protected by several patents pending. #GRAPHENwax, #chainlube, #chainwax