TEMPO ARGO R5 is a versatile endurance road saddle with a short-nosed design and generous ischial support that encourages stability.
Where a traditional saddle shape encourages riders to shift their position frequently for better leverage, Argo puts the rider in a more planted position, making for greater stability and better weight distribution.
Tempo Argo’s short length allows the rider to sit further forward without placing undue pressure on sensitive tissues.
It also features an ergonomic cutout that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts.
Argo is our most versatile saddle shape and each version suits different riding styles. As the edurance riding option, Tempo Argo has been engineered to deliver a riding feel that suits the balanced geometry of today’s all-purpose road machines.
The padding is made from fizik’s proprietary Type 2 foam formulation, slightly thicker around the ischial sit bones area to support a more upright riding posture.
The cushioning is slightly softer and more progressive than the type we use on our racing saddles, providing more long-distance comfort.
Argo is a product of the Fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bike-fitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.
- Tempo: Versatility road series designed for the most enjoyable riding experience
- Argo: versatile short nose saddle that encourages stability and reliefs pressure on soft tissue area
- R5: a combination of a ride compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and an S-Alloy rail
- Wingflex: the shell's side edges flex and adapt to rider's inner legs movement
- Type 2 foam: progressive cushioning, with lower compression modulus